This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data We collect from you, or that you provide to Us, will be processed by Us.
Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 or 2018 (the “Act”), the data controller is Leafield Environmental Ltd of Leafield Way, Leafield Industrial Estate, Corsham, Wiltshire, SN13 9UD (with registered number 07405233). Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Philip Maddox.
Information of yours that We may process
1. We may collect and process the following data about you:
(a) information that you provide by filling in forms on Our sites:
This includes information provided at the time of registering to use Our Sites, subscribing to Our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with Our sites;
(b) information already provided to Linpac Alibert Limited prior to 31st Dec 2010 which has since been transferred to Us
(c) if you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence;
(d) We may also ask you to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
(e) details of your visits to Our sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
2. We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about Our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
3. For the same reason, We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help Us to improve Our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable Us:
(a) to estimate Our audience size and usage pattern;
(b) to store information about your preferences, and so allow Us to customise Our site according to your individual interests;
(c) to speed up your searches; or
(d) to recognise you when you return to Our sites.
5. All information you provide to Us is stored on Our secure servers.
6. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Athough We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
7. We use information held about you in the following ways:
(a) to ensure that content from Our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
(b) to provide you with information, products or services that you request from Us or which We feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
(c) to allow you to participate in interactive features of Our service, when you choose to do so; and/or
(d) to notify you about changes to Our service.
8. if you are an existing customer, We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
9. if you do not want Us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the registration form.
Disclosure of your Information
10. We may disclose your personal information to any member of Our group, which means Our subsidiaries, Our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
11. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
(a) in the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
(b) if Leafield Environmental Ltd, or substantially all its Our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
(c) if We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
12. You have the right to ask Us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Us at Leafield Environmental Ltd of Leafield Way, Leafield Industrial Estate, Corsham, Wiltshire, SN13 9UD.
13. Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Our partner networks, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
14. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.
Leafield Environmental Ltd, Leafield Way, Leafield Industrial Estate, Corsham, Wiltshire, SN13 9UD
Telephone +44 (0) 1225 816500